Release Date

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Hi Matthew - just after a release date for the nuget release. Do you have an eta for this or should I be pulling down the latest source for use in MVC3 project? Is the latest source feature complete or is there still some work to do?

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM

If you download the source, use the code in the MunqV3 directory.

It is probably code complete for the container, but there is still a little work on the MVC3 support for NuGet.  I am going to try to get the NuGet Core Nuget package working tonight.

BTW, I've created a Help file for Munq including the MVC and Common Service Locator support.  There are a few more examples to add in this so it will be delivered last.

I hope to have the release ready by the end of the weekend, hopefully with one or two article on CodeProject.

Matthew

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Congratulations Matthew - a great release and perfect timing. I think you mentioned you were hoping to provide some further examples, it would be useful to have that available. I spent a bit of time stumbling round until I found your MVC3 sample and the documentation page on codeplex is now getting a bit dated. I'm using the previous version of munq for a WCF service so will need to have a look at how the new version slots into that scenario.

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 8:43 PM

If you use the NuGet package Munq.MVC3, it will wire itself up using the MunqDependencyResolver, which implements System.Web.MVC.IDependencyResolver.

The static method MunqDependencyResolver.Container will return the instance of Munq.IocContainer that it is using, so you can use this to register whatever.

Matthew

Mar 22, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Good to know, thank you.